I’ve recently gotten back into throwing knives after numerous failed attempts at getting into the hobby. After building a nice large target in my backyard, I’ve been able to practice enough to actually have some accuracy in my throws. I did notice that it was very tiring having to retrieve my two knives after every throw so I would suggest purchasing a set of at least five or more to practice more efficiently.
These knives are pretty large in size measuring at 12″ in length and around .75 lbs. They deliver a nice “thunk” after hitting the target. These are definitely easier to throw than smaller blades I have used in the past. After practicing with my new knives I decided to try out my old sets and found my accuracy had improved with them as well. Thus proving that these knives are a great beginner set for anyone looking to get into the hobby.
Gil Hibben Competition Triple Thrower Set - Large
- Safety and Durability tested for the toughest conditions
- Quality materials used to make all United Products
- For enthusiasts, collectors and tough users all over the world
- 12-1/8-Inch overall length
- 420 stainless steel construction
Some key points about this throwing knife:
- The blades are very sharp which may cut a beginner so I suggest filing them down a bit if you are afraid of getting a cut. Throwing knives do not need to be sharp enough to cut meat, but just enough to stick in a target.
- These blades are longer and heavier than most so make sure to try out other size blades as well to figure out which size best suits your style.
- The sheath that is included with these knives is a very sturdy leather holster capable of holding two knives so you may want to purchase an extra sheath capable of holding more knives.