These throwing knives and ninja stars have a black finish and all are easily concealable, measuring 10 inches or less. Also, all of these knives are constructed with thin, flat handles, so they are perfect for carrying in a sheath as triple sets.
Because of their flat handles, these are not ideal for handheld use. The grip is just a little awkward for heavy usage. But they are small and aerodynamic as f*ck and are perfect for throwing at short distances or indoors. However, their small size and lightweight design will make accurate throws difficult at longer distances or under windy conditions, so keep that in mind.
Their black finish also means that they are nearly impossible to see coming when thrown under the cover of darkness.
These stars and throwers also come with sharpened edges, so be careful when practicing with them. They’re made of stainless steel with black coating, except for the stars…they are actually more durable than the knives because of their high carbon steel materials.
Here are links to the knives and stars, and down below are some additional notes on each specific knife…
SOG Fusion Black Throwing Knives (triple set w/ sheath)
- SOG Fusion Black Throwing Knives (triple set w/ sheath)
- SOG Throwing Knives with Sheath 3 Pack Balanced Throwing Knives Set w/ Paracord Knife Handles and Professional Throwing Knife Sheath (F041TN-CP)
- Gil Hibben Cord Grip Throwers (triple set w/ sheath)
- Gil Hibben Corded Grip Throwing Knives Triple Knife Set, Large
- Black Ninja Stealth Kunai Throwing Knives
- Ace Martial Arts Supply Ninja Stealth Black Throwing Knives with Nylon Case (Set of 3)
- Cold Steel Sure Strike Black Throwing Stars
- Smith & Wesson SWTK8BCP Three 8in Stainless Steel Throwing Knives Set with Nylon Belt Sheath
- Uzi Throwing Knife I (single thrower w/ sheath)
- More Throwing Knives Avaiable on Amazon
- Perfect Point RC-1793B Throwing Knife Set with Three Knives, Black Blades, Steel Handles, 8-Inch Overall
- Cold Steel 12 Inch Long Black Carbon Steel Professional Hunting Target Throwing Knife
The SOG Fusion throwers are a fun design, and they do have a little more heft to them for such small throwing knives. The SOG cut out on the handles is a known structural weakness, though, so repeated hard throws into hardwood targets are likely to cause breakage before long. Be sure to throw into the end grain wood targets and log rounds softened with water during practice, to prolong their lifespan.
SOG Throwing Knives with Sheath 3 Pack Balanced Throwing Knives Set w/ Paracord Knife Handles and Professional Throwing Knife Sheath (F041TN-CP)
$37.95 in stock
- 3-PACK CLASSIC KNIFE THROWING SET: Perfect practice throwing knives for professional throwing knives or competition throwing knives users; target any bullseye with balance and precision
- 10 INCH FULL-TANG 420 STAINLESS STEEL KNIVES: These balanced throwing blades measure 4.4 inches and are crafted in 420 hardcased black stainless steel; more durable than generic martial arts knives
- REMOVABLE PARACORD FOR A MORE BALANCED THROWING KNIFE: Throw with this small throwing knives crafted for many professional throwing knife styles; combative rotation, recreational freestyle and more
- MULTI NYLON SHEATH THROWING KNIVES CARRY: Ballistic throwing knife sheath; whether your training, practicing or competing, secure all 3 knives with the Velcro strap and attach via belt loop
- SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of these traditional throwing knives and we’ll take care of you; we consider all repairs and replacement requests for properly maintained SOG gear
This blade design typically gets labeled as a “bowie fighting knife,” so if your state/county laws do not allow it, you might be out of luck on this one. Fortunately, there are other options available…
Gil Hibben Cord Grip Throwers (triple set w/ sheath)
I’ve written about these knives before, so you already know how much I love them. The cord wrap will last a little longer if you throw at multiple bullseyes and avoid having the knives crashing into each other during practice. However, no matter what measures you take, that cord is coming off eventually with repeated use. But that’s no big deal, as throwing the naked blades does not throw off their balance and rotation. If anything, they actually will have less wind resistance and drag once that cording comes off.
Gil Hibben Corded Grip Throwing Knives Triple Knife Set, Large
- Safety and Durability tested for the toughest conditions
- Quality materials used to make all United Products
- For enthusiasts, collectors and tough users all over the world
- 6-5/8-Inch overall length
- 4-1/4-Inch blade length
Black Ninja Stealth Kunai Throwing Knives
The Ninja Stealth Kunai are your basic Naruto-style, ninja kunai throwing knives. These ones are shorter than the ones we talked about in the Naruto article. We’re talking barely 6 inches total length for these little knives. Their small size limits their effectiveness at longer range, but that small size is also their strength, allowing a triple set to be easily carried in a pocket or wrist sheath. These are best thrown at targets 6-10 feet away.
Ace Martial Arts Supply Ninja Stealth Black Throwing Knives with Nylon Case (Set of 3)
- Material: 440 Stainless Steel
- Overall Length: 6.5
- Set of 3 throwing knives with a nylon case for carrying or storage
- Black nylon sheath included
In case you’re wondering if little blades like these have any real combat value, the answer – historically – is YES. Ninja effectively used small kunai, shuriken spikes, and stars at short and medium distances to wound, disorient and distract sentries and oncoming attackers. They aren’t likely to take down an enemy by themselves, but they can definitely throw one off balance and create an opening for escape.
Cold Steel Sure Strike Black Throwing Stars
These traditional ninja weapons made by Cold Steel come in light, medium, and heavy sizes, with the heavy ones being a solid ¼ inch thick at the center. That added weight makes them moderately effective at longer ranges. But of course, the tradeoff is that carrying multiple thick, heavy stars is not so easy, so that’s where the lighter, skinnier ones come in.
Smith & Wesson SWTK8BCP Three 8in Stainless Steel Throwing Knives Set with Nylon Belt Sheath
$17.99 in stock
- DIMENSIONS: 8 inch (20.3 cm) length with an individual weight of 4.1 ounces and an overall weight of 12.3 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 2Cr13 S.S.
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient black, nylon belt sheath that holds all 3 knives
- SECURE: Have confidence in your throw with these sturdy, well balanced knives
- COMFORTABLE: Knives Are Ergonomic And Ambidextrous
Either way, these Cold Steel Sure Strikes are your basic four-point stars with sharpened blade edges. Unlike the cheaper stars you often see online, these are made from heavy-duty carbon steel and will last a lot longer than stainless steel stars during your practice sessions with wood targets.
I wish Cold Steel would make a sheath for these (triple, ideally). If you guys come across any that will fit the CS stars, please hit me up on my CONTACT page with a link.
Uzi Throwing Knife I (single thrower w/ sheath)
These are very similar to the Hibben Cord Grip. And yes…this is the same company that created the legendary Uzi submachine gun back in the 1950s. Uzi Tactical (distributed through Campco) makes all kinds of great tac gear, in case you didn’t know, including throwing knives, combat knives, tactical pens, tactical flashlights, and more. You can check out the official Uzi site HERE.
More Throwing Knives Avaiable on Amazon
Perfect Point RC-1793B Throwing Knife Set with Three Knives, Black Blades, Steel Handles, 8-Inch Overall
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS: Made from premium quality materials. 3CR13 black stainless steel blades provide an excellent balance of hardness and corrosion resistance.
- WELL BALANCED: Whether you are a beginner looking to improve your skills or a veteran hoping to master your craft, the full line of Perfect Point throwing knives, Perfect Point axes, and Perfect Point throwing stars, are well-balanced and great for beginners looking to improve their skills and veterans hoping to master a craft.
- DEPENDABLE: Provides consistent throwing performance and high durability. A thrower you can count on for those interested in martial arts and the sport of throwing.
- DIMENSIONS: 8-inch overall length.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Black Stainless Steel Blades and Handles with Spider Design, Full Tang Construction. Includes Nylon Sheath for Easy and Safe Storage/Transport.
Cold Steel 12 Inch Long Black Carbon Steel Professional Hunting Target Throwing Knife
$31.61 in stock
- Expertly-balanced throwing knives for sport, hunting, or target-practice
- Includes 3 knives, each with a lanyard hole for carrying
- Honed from hard spring tempered 1055 carbon steel for maximum durability
- Thinner, lighter design reduces arm fatigue without sacrificing power
- Aerodynamic shape and careful balance for speed and accuracy
As far as I know, throwing stars are not legal in CA, NY, VA, IN, and Canada, so as always, be sure to check your own state and local knife laws to be sure you are in compliance.