Okay, you’ve got your ninja star collection, you’ve learned how to throw them now what do you do to keep them in tip-top shape and maintain their edge.
Clean and Oil Your Throwing Stars
- Clean and Oil Your Throwing Stars
- Sharpen Throwing Stars
- Our Picks for Sharpening Whetstones
- Sharp Pebble Premium Whetstone Knife Sharpening Stone 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Waterstone- Whetstone Knife Sharpener- NonSlip Bamboo Base & Angle Guide
- Sharpening Stone Whetstone Set 2 Side Grit 400/1000 KEENBEST Kitchen Knife Sharpener Stone, Best Wet Stones for Sharping Knives Best Kit with Non-Slip Rubber Base
- Knife Sharpening Stone Kit, Finew Professional Whetstone Sharpener Stone Set, Premium 4 Side Grit 400/1000 3000/8000 Water Stone, Non-slip Bamboo Base, Flatting Stone, Angle Guide and Leather Strop
Unless you are a shuriken master you will invariably miss your target at some point and this often will leave dirt and grime on your stars. Simply you can wipe them off with a towel lightly moistened with water or isopropyl alcohol. Make sure to dry them completely as they are made of metal, stainless or not they could eventually rust. Check the edges and if nicked or otherwise dulled you can go ahead and sharpen them with a stone (see below). Otherwise, you can put a little 3 in 1 oil, WD-40, sewing machine oil, or another lubricant on them to keep them as good as new. If you use an oil-based product just be sure and wipe them off before your next throwing session. You don’t want your throwing stars slipping out of your hand and puncturing you, your brother, or any other living being.
After some use your ninja stars are going to eventually dull. Not to worry, with a little time and elbow grease you can get them back to their original state or even sharper depend on the star. Do not under any circumstances use a grinder on your throwing stars! You have been warned. About 30-40 strokes at about a 20-25 degree angle with a sharpening stone will do the trick. We recommend the quality whetstone kits listed below for sharpening your ninja stars. There is a course stone to start your sharpening and a fine stone to hone it to a fine edge.
It’s relatively inexpensive and works great for a variety of weapons and knives you have lying around the house. There are a lot of options out there and many of them will work just fine. For most, a slight application of 3 and 1 oil will help in the process. When finished with the sharpening stone clean your star as above and rinse off the sharpening stone as well and dry completely.
Our Picks for Sharpening Whetstones
- ✅ Premium Quality: Not all sharpening stones are created equal. We only import & source premium quality material for the manufacturing of our Whetstones. Our proprietary composition of Aluminum Oxide along with sharpening compounds provides you with a superior cutting performance. Don't be fooled by identical-looking cheap knife sharpening stones.
- ✅ Superior Bundle: Sharp Pebble knife sharpening kit comes with double-sided (#1000/ #6000) whetstone knife sharpener, Real Handcrafted bamboo base for holding the stone, knife sharpening angle guide, a simple instruction manual & detailed ebook with lots of Tips & Tricks which will appeal at every skill level.
- ✅ Safety: We understand the importance of safety when using sharpening stones for knives, your purchase comes with a rubber base for holding the stone inside a Non-Slip Bamboo base, this setup will ensure the wetstone is Fixed In One Place while sharpening. And knife sharpening angle guide allows you to maintain the Correct Angle and safely apply consistent pressure while sharpening the blade.
- ✅ Easy To Use: Our sharpening Water stone kit is extremely User Friendly & easy to assemble. Sharp Pebble whetstone uses Water for sharpening, so no need of expensive sharpening/honing oils and No Mess while sharpening & it can be easily cleaned using water.
- ✅ Multipurpose Use: This whetstone 1000/6000 sharpener kit is highly durable & long-lasting. And it can sharpen any blade out there, be it any kitchen knife set, chef knife, steak knife, sontoku knife, paring knife, sushi knife, cleaver knife, kitchen knives, Japanese knife, butcher knife, paring knife, BBQ knife, Hunting Knife, Pocket Knife, Scissor, Chisel, Blade, Straight Razor, barber clippers & more. Get this simple yet unparalleled tool for home/professional chefs or as men's gifts.
- Made with superior silicon carbide, the 400 grit side is suitable for any daily sharpening, such as repairing the knives with big cutting edges, and polishing the knives, the 1000 grit will help you to make the knives more smooth after using the 400 grit
- No oil needed, just put the stone into water for 10-15 minutes before using and they are ready to use. You can always adding water on it while sharpening, with water the lubricating effect of grinding will be great and helps you to save strength
- One stone, unlimited professional knives. whetstone are compatible with all kinds of knives, including Chef knife, Hunting Knife, Pocket Knife,Japanese knife, butcher knife, paring knife, BBQ knife, Scissor, Chisel, Blade. Also works for hatchets, axes, carving and gardening tools
- Come with two 7x2.2x1.1inch sharping stone for beginners and a quick user guide of all the great tips for sharpening knives, also can be a great idea for household gifts
- This grindstone made of white corundum is quicker in pulping and high in self sharpening. When the white corundum grindstone is grinded, the new edges and corners will come up very fast, and the self sharpening property is good. Therefore, the grinding wheel dressing is not very frequent, and the work efficiency can be improved