A rock sling is a simple yet effective weapon and you are going to see how to make your own from nothing but some paracord.
Don’t let the design fool you as this is a really simple project once you get started. Using the rock sling will take a little more practice in order to get accurate with it but please do so responsibly as this is a much more powerful tool than you may realize.
In this tutorial, we show you how to make a simple paracord rock sling that can be used for survival and entertainment purposes. It is a simple design to remember and made in about a minute or two.
Before viewing the video tutorial below, get your paracord ready. You want to use around 10 feet of paracord for a good-sized rock sling.
I found this very useful. However, the first sling I made the pouch was too small and I couldn’t launch stones of the proper size as they kept falling out. I would recommend making 3 loops at the beginning and weave between them to make a larger pouch, I used 20ft of paracord. I used the exact same method though, thanks for the guide and I hope this tip helps.
I strongly recommend not tying the string to a single finger. If you’re running and the sling gets caught on something it’s going to hurt. Lay the string across your palm with a knot at the end by your little finger. Make a fist and the knot will be outside your hand drop that string between the index and middle finger. Make a knot in the other end and that will be your release to be grasped between index finger and thumb. The pocket should be at least 4 times bigger so you can try gravel, pea rock, broken glass, old nuts, and bolts, like ammo. Youll never notices a bigger pocket and it will give you much greater ammo options.
TOUGH-GRID 750lb Black Paracord/Parachute Cord - Genuine Mil Spec Type IV 750lb Paracord Used by The US Military (MIl-C-5040-H) - 100% Nylon - 50Ft. - Black
- Packaged According to Length: 50, 100, and 150 Footers Come Coiled in Bags; 200 Footers on Tubes
- 500 and 1000 Footers are Wound on a Spool; 1000 Footers May Come in up to 2 Non Spliced Sections
- Diameter Measures 3/16 Inch (Plus or Minus 1/32 Inch); 100 Percent Nylon; 11 Inner Triple Strands
- Take it From our Expert Veterans, Change the Way You Camp, Hike, and Survive; Made in the USA
- Perfect for Sheltering in Place, Camping, Hiking, Bug Out Bags, Vehicles, and Paracord Crafting