A rock sling is a simple yet effective weapon and you are going to see how to make your own from nothing but some paracord.
Don’t let the design fool you as this is a really simple project once you get started. Using the rock sling will take a little more practice in order to get accurate with it but please do so responsibly as this is a much more powerful tool than you may realize.
In this tutorial, we show you how to make a simple paracord rock sling that can be used for survival and entertainment purposes. It is a simple design to remember and made in about a minute or two.
Before viewing the video tutorial below, get your paracord ready. You want to use around 10 feet of paracord for a good-sized rock sling.
I found this very useful. However, the first sling I made the pouch was too small and I couldn’t launch stones of the proper size as they kept falling out. I would recommend making 3 loops at the beginning and weave between them to make a larger pouch, I used 20ft of paracord. I used the exact same method though, thanks for the guide and I hope this tip helps.
I strongly recommend not tying the string to a single finger. If you’re running and the sling gets caught on something it’s going to hurt. Lay the string across your palm with a knot at the end by your little finger. Make a fist and the knot will be outside your hand drop that string between the index and middle finger. Make a knot in the other end and that will be your release to be grasped between index finger and thumb. The pocket should be at least 4 times bigger so you can try gravel, pea rock, broken glass, old nuts, and bolts, like ammo. Youll never notices a bigger pocket and it will give you much greater ammo options.
TOUGH-GRID 750lb Black Paracord/Parachute Cord - Genuine Mil Spec Type IV 750lb Paracord Used by The US Military (MIl-C-5040-H) - 100% Nylon - 50Ft. - Black
$11.97 in stock
- PREMIUM CORD, PACKAGED ACCORDING TO LENGTH. (50, 100 and 150 footers come coiled in bags, 200 footers on a tube, and 500 and 1000 footers on a spool. 1000 footers may come in up to 2 non-spliced sections. Please See Packaging Images on the Left.) Cord diameter measures 3/16" (+/- 1/32"). We want to be your "go-to" source for great Type 4 750lb Mil-Spec Paracord. Thousands of customers agree this is the best paracord they have ever used!
- PEACE OF MIND. THERE'S NOTHING QUITE LIKE IT. Go ahead, string up a hammock, rig your sails, secure your tent, or make an emergency tourniquet. The extra 200 pounds of strength beats regular 550 cord and is there to protect you when you need it! Our 100% Nylon (11 Triple Strands) TOUGH-GRID cord is never spliced and is made with USA pride and craftsmanship, giving you the great feeling that you got what you wanted and are helping keep America strong.
- TOUGH AS NAILS WHILE SOFT AND FLEXIBLE. Spending time outdoors is a great pastime but can be dangerous. Safety and preparation are critical, especially for the young and old who are much more vulnerable to the elements. TOUGH-GRID Paracord gives you an excellent lifeline when your family needs some strong, lightweight cordage. You can enjoy the outdoors knowing you have the toughest cord around and that it's ready when you are.
- VETERAN RECOMMENDED. With hundreds of reviews from US Military Veterans like these: "They have mine and my family's business for life" "Get Some, see for yourself, Worth the Price" and "This is a Class A Product, It Will Save Your Life!!!", take it from the experts and change the way you camp, hike, survive and make paracord projects. Whether sheltering in place, stocking your bug-out bag, crafting, or surviving a full-blown zombie apocalypse, you'll want enough Mil-Spec cord to cover anything.
- "SEEMS LIKE A NO-BRAINER TO ME!" Use our cord whenever you need super strong, light cordage. You'll be ready for just about anything if you throw a roll in your trunk, keep a hank in your backpack, and even in your toolbox! We like the old saying "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it." That sums up the prepper / survivalist / Boy Scout spirit pretty well! When you're in need of a strong Genuine Military Grade Paracord, we've got you covered!